IV. PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
The privacy principles in this Policy are based on the seven Safe Harbor Principles.
(1) NOTICE: Where Pangea collects Personal information directly from individuals, it will inform them about the purposes for which it collects and uses Personal information about them, the types of non-agent third parties to which
Pangea discloses that information, and the choices and means, if any, Pangea offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal information to
Pangea, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before Pangea uses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
Pangea may disclose Personal information if required to do so by law or to protect and defend the rights or property of
(2) CHOICE: Pangea will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt-out) whether their Personal information is (a) to be disclosed to a non-agent third party, or (b) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
For sensitive Personal information, Pangea will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively and explicitly (opt-in) consent to the disclosure of the information to a non-agent third party or the use of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
Pangea will provide individuals with reasonable mechanisms to exercise their choices should requisite circumstances arise.
(3) DATA INTEGRITY: Pangea will use Personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
Pangea will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
(4) TRANSFERS TO AGENTS: Pangea will obtain assurances from its Agents that they will safeguard Personal information consistently with this Policy. Examples of appropriate assurances that may be provided by Agents include: a contract obligating the Agent to provide at least the same level of protection as is required by the relevant Safe Harbor Principles, being subject to EU Directive 95/46/EC (the EU Data Protection Directive), Safe Harbor certification by the Agent, or being subject to another European Commission adequacy finding (e.g., companies located in Switzerland). Where
Pangea has knowledge that an Agent is using or disclosing Personal information in a manner contrary to this Policy,
Pangea will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure.
Pangea holds it Agents accountable for maintaining the trust our employees and customers place in the company.
(5) ACCESS AND CORRECTION: Upon request, Pangea will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal information that it holds about them. In addition,
Pangea will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. Any employees that desire to review or update their Personal information can do so by contacting their local Human Resources Representative.
(6) SECURITY: Pangea will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Pangea protects data in many ways. Physical security is designed to prevent unauthorized access to database equipment and hard copies of sensitive Personal information. Electronic security measures continuously monitor access to our servers and provide protection from hacking or other unauthorized access from remote locations. This protection includes the use of firewalls, restricted access and encryption technology.
Pangea limits access to Personal information and data to those persons in
Pangea's organization, or as agents of Pangea, that have a specific business purpose for maintaining and processing such Personal information and data. Individuals who have been granted access to Personal information are aware of their responsibilities to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of that information and have been provided training and instruction on how to do so.
(7) ENFORCEMENT: Pangea will conduct compliance audits of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this Policy and the US Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Principles. Any employee that
Pangea determines is in violation of this Policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
V. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Personal information should be directed to the
Pangea Privacy Office at the address given below. Pangea will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy. For complaints that cannot be resolved between
Pangea and the complainant, Pangea has agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the panel established by the European data protection authorities to resolve disputes pursuant to the Safe Harbor Principles.
VI. INTERNET PRIVACY
Pangea sees the Internet, intranets and the use of other technologies as valuable tools for communicating and interacting with consumers, employees, vendors, business partners and others.
Pangea recognizes the importance of maintaining the privacy of Personal information collected through websites that it operates.
Pangea's sole purpose for operating its websites is to provide information concerning products and services to the public. In general, visitors can reach
Pangea on the Web without revealing any Personal information. Visitors on the Web may elect to voluntarily provide Personal information via
Pangea websites but are not required to do so. Pangea collects information from visitors to the websites who voluntarily provide Personal information by filling out and submitting online questionnaires concerning feedback on the website, requesting information on products or services, or seeking employment. The Personal information voluntarily provided by website users is contact information limited to the user's name, home and/or business address, phone numbers and email address.
Pangea collects this information so it may answer questions and forward requested information.
Pangea does not sell or share this information with non-agent third parties.
Pangea may also collect anonymous information concerning website users through the use of "cookies" in order to provide better customer service. "Cookies" are small files that websites place on users' computers to identify the user and enhance the website experience. None of this information is reviewed at an individual level. Visitors may set their browsers to provide notice before they receive a cookie, giving the opportunity to decide whether to accept the cookie. Visitors can also set their browsers to turn off cookies. If visitors do so, however, some areas of
Pangea websites may not function properly.
Few, if any, of Pangea's websites are directed toward children. Nevertheless,
Pangea is committed to complying with applicable laws and requirements, such as the United States' Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA").
Pangea website users have the option to request that Pangea not use information previously provided, correct information previously provided, or remove information previously provided to
Pangea. Those that would like to correct or suppress information they have provided to
Pangea should forward such inquiries to:
Pangea Webhosting Privacy Inquiries
The inquiries should include the individual's name, address, and other relevant contact information (phone number, email address).
Pangea will use all reasonable efforts to honor such requests as quickly as possible.
Pangea websites may contain links to other "non-Pangea Webhosting" websites. Pangea assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices on those websites.
Pangea encourages all users to read the privacy statements of those sites; their privacy practices may differ from those of
The practices described in this Policy are current Personal data protection policies as of June 18, 2004.
Pangea reserves the right to modify or amend this Policy at any time consistent with the requirements of the Safe Harbor Principles. Appropriate public notice will be given concerning such amendments.